From Tuesday 1st September until Wednesday 4th November, Young Sparks will host a free online activity for children interested in learning about the Stock market. In addition, four 60-minus introductory sessions to provide some background information and insights on 30th August, 13th September, 27th September, and 11th of October.
This course will teach your child how to:
- Invest, buy and sell shares
- The value of short-term returns (ie. Daily ups and downs that you see in the real stock market)
- Introduce them to the aspect of networking
- How to research companies and place a simulated trade
- Learn about Australian companies and what they do
- The activity is run between the 1st of September until the 4th of November (Please keep in mind before enrolling that this is a 9week course – those enrolling need to have patience and endurance)
- Tutors/Instructors will be available to answer questions via email
- Compulsory course date:
- 11am – 12pm, 30th of August – Covering “shares 101” & “how to place a share in the game” (Instructor: Tim Ooi)
- 11am – 12pm, 13th of September – Q&A session and progress report (Instructor: Tim Ooi)
- 11am – 12pm, 27th of September – Q&A session (Instructor: Paul Nichols)
- 11am – 12pm, 11th of October– Q&A session and progress report (Instructor: Paul Nichols)
Meet the instructors:
Tim is an MBA qualified accountant specialising in Risk & Compliance Management. He has worked at several ASX listed companies and he currently works at the place that prints our money&passports, very cool! Tim has volunteer experience as a lecturer, so he will be well equipped to share his knowledge with our Young Sparks.
Paul is the Managing Director and Founder of elli, a remote-care mobile application that delivers peace-of-mind to the families of those living with dementia. His passion is in creating digital products that have a positive impact. A business guy with a technical background, he loves to teach and share what he has been able to experience over the last 14 years in the industry, a perfect match for our Young Sparks.
How to apply?
This course is recommended for kids between 10 and 18 years old (or students in Year 6 to Year 12).
Scholarship Application now open, make sure you submit your application by filling the following form.