With Father’s Day around the corner and Melbournians still on lockdown, it’s a little hard to do something special for our dads. Well, that’s what we initial thought too, until we realised that dads just want to spend time with us!
So, what we thought we would do is compile a list of fun activities or events you could do with your dad to make it a special day!
- Serve dad an all-star brunch
- Get in the kitchen and let’s make those famous pancakes or that buffet eggs and bacon breaky!
- Have a family games night
- Boys vs girls, or dad and his beautiful girl vs mum and her favourite son!
- Craft together
- Let’s see what dad has up his sleeve and in the creativity department. Grab some paint and paper (or canvas) and pick something for everyone to paint (the dog, the house or even dad!)
- Surprise him with a backyard picnic
- This one, is probably our favourite! Get some of his favourite meals together and sit outside in the sun (if the weather permits!)
- Fire up the grill and have a barbecue
- What a better way to spend Father’s Day than by having a yummy barbecue and enjoying some family time together!
If you end up doing some of these activities, tag us on social media and so we can see all the family fun you’re having!
On behalf of YoungSparks, we would like to wish you and your dad’s a Happy Father’s Day and we hope you make some incredible memories!
Your Young parks team