What specifically is it?
In short, it has a high genetic mutation rate and can rapidly develop resistance to new drugs. It stems from a chain of various diseases. These diseases consisting of the common cold, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
What are the symptoms?
People essentially display pneumonia-like symptoms, which consist of mainly a fever and breathing difficulties. So please… if you have one of these symptoms, please go straight to your GP.
Tips to reduce your risk of the infection
- Wash hands with soap & water, or alcohol-based hand soap
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Make sure to throw out tissues, into a closed bin, immediately after use
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a cold or flu-like symptoms
- Avoid spitting in public
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs, & use different chopping boards and knives for raw meat and cooked foods
- Do not go near wild or farm animals without protection
- If you have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider
- If you choose to wear a face mask, be sure to cover your mouth and nose, and avoid touching the mask once it’s on. AFTER USE, immediately discard the mask after each use and wash your hands after removing it
(From the World Health Organization)
With all this being said, we have indeed cancelled our upcoming February session, with concerns of the children attending our sessions, and our staff’s health and safety. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, although, we will be back for our March session! With hope of the Coronavirus settling down, we can all ease and take a breath.
(If you would like, you can register for our next session here https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/free-chess-and-sphero-courses-at-young-sparks-kids-club-tickets-92834661973)
(Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/551493875719840)
Additionally, with this month’s session being cancelled. We are expanding our doors and are working on an online chess platform. Children will be able to play other players and can be coached by our very own chess champion, Anthony Hain, within the comfort of their own home. This is in preparation and we will release a social media post once it is up-and-running. So, keep an eye out!
We thank you for reading our blog, and we wish you and your family health and safety during this time.
Stay safe and we can’t wait to see you soon!